Thursday, March 12, 2009

What is Vagabonding?

After years of traveling and backpacking solo over ten countries, I'm doing it. I'm starting a blog to share with the public my travels, thoughts, stories, encounters, pictures, travel advice, etc. Long over due, but hey, better late than never.

So it would only be right to give some background on this term "vagabonding". It's coined by Betty Chan, haha kidding, well kinda... I had heard about this book, "Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long Term World Travel" by Rolf Potts. My heart basically was bursting from my chest as I read this book. Rolf had taken all my views and opinions on long term backpacking and published into a 224 page book. A book that I've encouraged my fellow traveling buddies to read. But to be honest, I think only one has read it, and I think he skimmed it.
Vagabonding, it's my preferred method of travel (solo backpacking to be exact). There's a sense of freedom that I've never been able to find elsewhere. To rely on your own wits and to create the experience for yourself. It feeds my soul and keeps me feeling alive. So here, you will find my stories and travels around the world. I can't guarantee the posts will be grammatically correct, but I can promise they will be filled with entertaining stories of the situations I find myself in, people I meet, food I discover, and all the goodness in life the world has to offer if you just go out and find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment